Download Episode Here – right click link and select Save link as…
PHQ | QUESTIONS FROM COMMUNITY: In this episode Joel and Antonia answer a listener question about how personality types show up unhealthy.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- Podcast on judging functions
- Article on learning functions
- When you talk about challenges/negativity that comes up with type, it is rare for someone to see the negative in themselves. It is usually used by others to point out another’s failures.
- We want to paint a picture of positivity so people can emulate those parts.
- Know your type. Figure out your car model. Then plug those cognitive functions into the lists referenced in the above links.
- Some signs trend to unhealthy behaviors.
- The Loop – driver and 10 yr old are in cahoots and are marginalizing the copilot.
- Generally, a sign of a lack of health because driver/10 yr old have the same attitude (introvert/extravert).
- When an introvert gets stuck in this loop, they don’t get outer world feedback.
- INFJs in this loop can use data points to confirm biases and make inaccurate predictions.
- The dominant process has an agenda about thinking something to establish a pattern it has observed and instead of checking in with the facts, which the copilot could bring, it checks in with the tertiary and uses just enough of the copilot to confirm the erroneous conclusion.
- That is always a sign that someone is using their functions in an unhealthy way.
- Play to win. Don’t play not to lose.
- Use the tertiary in support of the copilot, not the other way around.
- Ni needs to shut itself off, so it doesn’t contradict a belief structure she’s not ready to abandon.
- When we go to an unhealthier defensive way of seeing things our dominant process is not ready for a certain piece of info. It can’t grasp the change that needs to be made.
- When we make changes it usually comes after a long line of subtle shifts that have prepared you for the change.
- People who use Ni (introverted intuition) can see the change long before they are ready to make it and since it scares them, they refuse to begin the journey to reach the needed change.
- Mastering our copilot process can be hard and clumsy. Stick it out. Don’t avoid it because it is complicated.
- In The Grip by Naomi Quenk
- Our relationship with that 3 yr old is a major tell with how much health is coming up for us.
- If we’ve got a good rhythm with our 3 yr old and giving it conscious attention instead of allowing it to hijack us in moments of stress, then we will show up a lot more healthy.
- Give yourself permission to be in your dominant process for extended periods of time. If you don’t give yourself permission to be there, your energy and health will suffer.
- Allow dominant process to grow to its highest potential. Don’t short circuit it because you don’t think you’re ready for it.
- As you do that, you will find yourself not going to your 10 yr old in a defensive way.
- You will find yourself expanding and wanting to use your copilot, which also needs quantity and quality.
- Then when you use your 10 yr old function, it will be in service to your copilot.
- We go through each personality type in our personality development starter kits. This is what we talk about in those kits. That is the point of those kits. If you already have it, revisit it.
- Lifetime access to the Starter Kits. We continue to add to these Starter Kits.
Also Mentioned in this Podcast:
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…