Download Episode Here – right click link and select Save link as…
PHQ | QUESTIONS FROM COMMUNITY: In this episode Joel and Antonia answer a listener question about when understanding of personality type stops being useful.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- In “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” by Stephen Covey he talks about the dependency model.
- Dependence > Independence > Interdependence
- When we run into a map/concept we like we get dependent upon it.
- Then we may reject the model for a time and rediscover who we are without it.
- “Oh yeah, I used to be into Myers-Briggs, but now I’m not into it anymore.”
- Then they are reminded of the power of the tool, but they don’t allow it to take over as before – and that is interdependence.
- If you’re having a hard time determining when you should and shouldn’t be implementing a system, you are probably somewhere between dependence and independence.
- If that is where you are, give it a break. Don’t type anyone for awhile. Start seeing people without the lens of typology. Once you do that, pick the tool back up and create an interdependent relationship with it.
- If you are using typology as a tool to understand other people you are using it in a healthy way.
- If you are using it to project onto others negative qualities you may be massively dependent on it.
- If you can’t see a person without automatically assigning them a Myers-Briggs type, you are probably too dependent upon it.
- Stop using it for awhile until you can get to the point where you’re no longer seeing people through that lens, then pick the tool back up.
Also Mentioned in this Podcast:
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…