Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode Joel and Antonia talk with Author and Entrepreneur Rachel Rofe about how to set goals for life and business.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- About our special guest: Rachel Rofé is a multiple bestselling author that’s been featured in Entrepreneur, Woman’s World, and Fox News. Since she began internet marketing in 2006, she’s developed over 30 products, 40 Kindle books, and bought and sold companies with as many as 120+ employees.
- If you don’t know how to prioritize and sequence things, Rachel can help.
- You can basically set any goals. The first step is to identify how you feel, pick the feelings you need to focus on then create goals around that. Break down the goals, whatever comes up, then pick the ones that are most doable. For example, if your goal is to setup a membership site, break down what needs to happen and formulate your monthly goals and daily to-do list.
- Another example – if you want to feel respected (identified feeling), ask yourself, “What are the different ways that I can feel respected?” Go through your thoughts and pick a handful. Once you go after those feelings, even if you don’t get all those things done, you still feel really good because you’ve considered and acknowledge your feelings.
- Start with 3-5 goals. If you know specifically what to do, it becomes so much doable. For example, if you want to improve your relationship, ask yourself “What does it look like to improve my relationship?” then let yourself come up with answers.
- Most people create arbitrary goals which traps us when setting goals.
- Everything is a foundation of an emotion. Acknowledging the goal is the emotion.
- When you feel negative emotions, ask yourself the right questions for the opposite felling and let yourself answer the question and feel the right stuff.
- The truth is, we are in service of our feelings whether we like it or not. Giving yourself permission makes you feel good.
- Have measurable checkpoints around what your plotted goals.
- If you have a choice, you can choose a better life. If you don’t know where you’re going, you will never get to where you want to be. Have a plan and methodology and get the results you want.
- As you gain success, scale up and make a bigger impact in the world, it is important to make sure that your development is keeping pace with your public success.
- If you’re interested to learn more about Rachel’s work and her amazing books, check out her page at rachelrofe.com
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…