Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode Joel and Antonia talk about developing a generosity of spirit for other people in your life – whether you know them or not.
In this podcast on generosity of spirit you’ll find:
- We normally view generosity as giving material things, time, affection, etc., but there is also generosity of spirit wherein people are in a positive mood and share that energy to others.
- Even the extremely generous people can be unaware that they are stingy in terms of Psychological generosity.
- What is generosity of spirit? It is accepting the fact that others may not accept and may even rip apart your own opinion or premise even before fully understanding it.
- We don’t always have to be psychologically generous for other people to define us as a generous person.
- We fear negative feedback because of the belief that it might influence more people to think differently than we do.
- We are brought up in a society where things always have to come naturally oppositional to make life easier. We are fed by society on how one should behave instead of understanding the position from which a person comes from which lead him to think and behave the way he does. These are some of the reasons why it is very easy for us to judge and give negative feedback.
- Sensationalization of negative feedback usually does more damage than the actual negative feedback. We have to remember that a person cannot be summed up by one sentence or action only.
- Holding space for yourself and other people to express themselves without discrediting them is the healthiest thing to do to achieve a healthy co-existence with others.
- Having generosity of spirit re-evaluates one’s position in life, makes one more open to compromise and also makes getting world feedback easier; all of which creates progress.
- To develop a generosity of spirit, we need to realize that we could also be wrong since we focus so much on our own preferences that we think of it as morality.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…