Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode Joel and Antonia talk about using business and careers for social change.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- Certain business are taking stance are on some social issues like marriage. This is interesting because customers feel like these businesses are reflecting their values and principles.
- Business don’t just have to provide products and services that are agreeable with the customers, customers are now looking at the positon they take on political issues.
- Systems of government are breaking down so fast that people have loss trust in getting things done, that they turn on to the next level like in commerce.
- It feels like companies are held responsible for the stances they make.
- When it comes to personal development and how you make your money, it’s not just about trying to look for where the dollar is, it is about finding a win-win between where your dollars are and the alignment of your values.
- We almost look at companies as representatives of us in a commercial system.
- Contrasting to the Graves Model, Graves 5 – we’re seeing an awkward transition from Graves 5 to Graves 6.
- As individuals, it brings more responsibility on us to know where we stand as people and to ask ourselves if we really know what our core values are. Is our livelihood in integrity with our core values?
- If our livelihood is endangered, are we in integrity with our values enough? Do you know who you are enough to say that you are in alignment with how you make your money?
- A lot of people demonize corporations and this is because they have such extraordinary influence and it appears as though they use their power for evil and self-serving purposes. So the companies are being made more accountable.
- It may come to a point where people won’t be okay with companies that are standing on neutrality.
- The world is advancing from one Graves level to the next. It’s entering the time period of systems thinking, ecology and value impact.
- We are moving into a bigger ecological level. So where are we actually at? In order to make a huge impact in the world, we need to become better versions of ourselves.
- The reason why it’s important to help people attain a positive and healthy relationship with wealth generation is because the world is already exiting. In order to make an impact, the relationship piece should exist. Having this kind of relationship/awakening will enrich your connection with people who are making an impact. In order to make an actual impact, you need to be in front with the movers and shakers.
- Society holding businesses accountable on a moral level indicates that if we don’t get our resources handled and managed well, we’re going behind the barge and our ability to make an impact is going to be neutered.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…