Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode Joel and Antonia talk about knowing the difference between idealism making us happy vs idealism causing us pain.
In this podcast on Idealism you’ll find:
- How does idealism help us? How do you live with your ideals even if it seems unrealistic?
- The idealism that we have when we want something so bad, we reach to a point where we ignore what’s realistic.
- Sometimes an idealistic perspective will be contextually unrealistic but it doesn’t mean that it’s in general unrealistic.
- Intuitives bring idealism across the world. How does idealism help us move forward? How does it block progress?
- There are limitations with being idealistic.
- We have these things that come in our lives, they seem to drive us forward but some of our ideals are unrealistically idealistic on the USA’s political scheme.
- Just how thoughtful are we in our idealism? How granular or specific are we in terms of our ideals?
- Where are we putting idealism around? Is it around things that should have ethical positive/negative activity associated with it? Or is it around things that are considered as neutral?
- When we are creating our ideals, it’s really easy to overvalue how many contexts our ideals are appropriate within. We carry our idealism no matter what the situation is and sometimes our ideals are very tied to the situation.
- For most people, they end up being idealistic in the negative direction when it comes to self-image. For example: thinking that we’re not as smart, confident and capable compared to the average person.
- One the most common idealisms today can be seen/experienced in social media. When people see celebrities, models, public figures and even their friends, they’d think that they’re not good enough.
- When you use comparison as a tool, use it in a “matching” type of approach.
- When you add comparison in idealism, it won’t serve the job.
- When comparing yourself with other people, do it in a positive frame rather than in a negative way.
- What are the right tools for the job when it comes to idealism? What is inspiring vs what is demoralizing? How are we responding to it?
- If you feel inspired and energized when using the comparison tool, then you’re doing it correctly. If you feel demoralized and down, then you’re not doing it the right way.
- Whatever idealism you have in the future; we don’t live in that world. That’s an imagination inside your head. You live right now.
- Do you feel energized in your current state or do you feel demotivated?
- Idealism sometimes feel good because it allows us to project our ideals in the world and feel right about them.
- There will be situations where we feel negative emotions and yet even if we’re experiencing them, we can feel a sense of centeredness. We may not feel happiness at all contexts and situations, but we can feel peace.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…