Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode Joel & Antonia talk about sharing your personal growth with others and the challenges that can arise.
In this podcast on Personal Growth you’ll find:
- We recently had a conversation with a younger friend who was depressed. She expressed how stressed she was when giving people help and advice.
- How do you make someone understand something that’s life changing for you? What’s the best way to share something very meaningful for you to them?
- The relationships you have account as the biggest piece in your personal development.
- If you make big changes and you start becoming healthier and become a better version of yourself, you will mirror to other people, their bad behavior.
- We also don’t know where other people are at. Some of them may make progress but we don’t always see it on the outside – oftentimes it’s an internal process.
- Understand that others are in the stream of their own development and it’s not really for anyone to judge where they’re at.
- Most people are interested in improving themselves at least to some extent.
- Most people would like to be in a better place than where they’re at now.
- If you are interested in Personal Growth, it’s something you’ll never graduate from. You’re gonna have to continually refine and work on how you go through no matter where you are in your journey.
- People are on different levels of their personal journey. Do we just completely leave them alone or help them in the process?
- Trauma Triangle. People will see the world in terms of victims, villains and heroes. When you get caught in the drama triangle, once you put yourself in one of those 3 situations, you need to find other people/situations to fill in the other two spaces.
- Empowerment Dynamic. Empowerment Dynamic is the antidote to the Trauma Triangle. Instead of having a villain, you get a challenger. Instead of a hero, you get a coach who’s somebody who isn’t there to save you but might just be the person you need at that time to provide wisdom that you capture and run with. Instead of victims, we have creators. People who create their world as oppose to just being at the receiving end of the world around them.
- If you discovered personality development tools that have massively changed your life, you can share them with other people. However, if it’s no their thing, it doesn’t mean that they’re not making progress within themselves.
- Personal development is like and exercise for your mind. The more you use and focus it, the more you become better at it.
- If you want other people to follow your path/tool in personal development, just be happy and continue being successful.
- When somebody is hostile, that doesn’t mean that they’re unwilling to do personal development.
- For the majority of us, we are still working a lot on our personal development. Understand that not everybody is in the same path as we are, sometimes we have the tendency to put ourselves in the hero role where we feel like it’s our job to fix other people.
- Sometimes we can overvalue our growth and we’ll see somebody else’s growth as a reflection back to us (for example, a past bad behavior) and we tend to assume to that they’re not as developed as we are.
- Be mindful that we really don’t get to determine where somebody else is at in their journey but we do get to determine how they’re going to impact us.
- Using the language that people already use will help a lot in helping them understand you better.
- Is this something you’re currently experiencing? Do you have a strategy that you can share with the community? Let us know in the comments section below.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…