Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode Joel and Antonia talk about the principle of “what we resist persists” and how to stop resisting those things in our lives that can help us change for the better.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- You may know someone – a friend or a family member who resists positive concepts or actions that can greatly benefit them.
- They may be very resistant to the idea that there are lifestyle changes that might result in a positive impact to their overall health. The question is, why is the case?
- What you resist not only persists, but will grow in size.
- The reason why we resist is mostly because of an awareness issue. We choose not to see the piece because by looking at the piece and not acting upon it seem senseless.
- When we resist something, most of the time, we don’t resist the actual “action” but rather the subject or conversation that we think we don’t have the resources to handle.
- The resistance itself adds more injury to the current situation like cancer cells that metastasizes to the other tissues and organs of the body.
- When you don’t address the problem, it grows.
- It’s a matter of identifying what you’re actually avoiding, what’s your cognitive dissonance? What are you avoiding that’s growing? A lot of times the external world will tell you what the conflict is.
- Look at your external markers, where in your life are you experiencing pain?
- There a fine correlation between what you’re insecure about and what you’re resisting.
- If we see the insecurities we have, we are also able to identify the issues that we have deep inside our heart and minds.
- In order to prevent these inner issues from growing and become the thing that takes you out early, you have to concede and surrender to it.
- Accept the possibility of worst case scenarios. (The worst case scenario is usually not that bad than that we have in mind). You will feel doing this will let you take charge with your life and help you give the best you can.
- Are you resisting things in your life? Have you come through some big scale-up moments where you didn’t resist anymore? Let us know in the comments section below.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…