Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode Joel and Antonia talk about how to move forward in the midst of disappointment around world events and other factors beyond our control.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- What do you do when things don’t work out? When the world is falling apart around you?
- As we go down this road of self-development, not everyone else is going to be in the same space we are.
- A lot of people who don’t feel they got the political result they wanted are demoralized and frustrated.
- Many are displaying a sense of grief and anger against everything.
- There is a concern that we weren’t attending to something properly so now we have the results we didn’t want.
- When we bring a general sense of negativity to everything, and we keep doing it, we end up creating the catastrophe we initially feared.
- The previous political election was lame because the opposite party refused to cooperate with anything.
- Shift the negativity to something more positive.
- Personal growth transcends dichotomous systems.
- Graves Model Podcast
- There are aspects of our personality and society that are stratified.
- Society is a macrocosm of us: a microcosm.
- Some candidates are more attractive to certain types of people.
- A big piece of why people are dissatisfied with how things went down in the recent election is because there is still a lot of in-fighting.
- When you are at a higher level of development, you have the means to remember how you were in the lower levels of development. You can take in more territory.
- A big piece you can bring to this context is the ability to meet people where they’re at.
- You can also be aware that there are individuals who are seeing things you might not be aware of.
- It’s not about being right or wrong. Someone who takes a different position may be seeing something we’re not seeing. Address them with curiosity instead of hostility.
- The World appears to be shifting away from globalization with some of the local political choices.
- It’s not the quality of people’s character. It is a false assumption that if someone disagrees with us, they are betraying some deeply fundamental flaw.
- Ask: Are they contextually right? Is this a period where their perspective is accurate? Even if their perspective would be inaccurate in another situation/context?
- Systems Thinking – there are nodes in the system that indicate whether or not a particular emergent is good or bad.
- Timelines are a major node in the system.
- The now is not the trajectory forever.
- Trajectory is not just a line where we are moving either forward or backward. Just as the space shuttle needs to make corrections to reach the moon, our society will occasionally need to make corrections.
- A single perspective is a disastrous trajectory. We need the check and balance system to keep us on the desired path.
- At no point in history has progress gone backward. It may stall out for a while, but progress continues.
- There is a lot more going on than just election results.
- Unsustainable systems usually crash. These crashes encourage corrections to help us get on the correct trajectory.
- More messaging. More space. More open to different perspectives. Instead of shutting down differing viewpoints, listen to them.
- Generational theory podcast
- Winter Season – a need to conserve resource. Seek safety.
- Winter ends
- The work you’ve done has prepared you for this moment. Show up at your best.
- This is not a time to retreat and be demoralized. Not a time to wallow.
- Become galvanized. Find ways to connect with other people.
- Put yourself in an emotionally and psychologically abundant space so that you can give back to others.
- These are the moments that can help you find your sense of empowerment.
- Regardless of your political alliance, there is a palpable sense of miscommunication right now.
- Be of service to the rest of humanity. Find a way to improve communication.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…