Podcast – Episode 0175 – What About The Auxiliary-Inferior Personality Loop?
Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode Joel and Antonia continue talking about personality type “loops.” This week they ask the question “What About The Auxiliary-Inferior Personality Loop?”
In this podcast you’ll find:
- Car Model
- Growing your copilot is the highest leverage thing you can do.
- Looping can occur when two cognitive functions are of the same attitude (introvert/extravert).
- Driver and Tertiary functions share the same attitude.
- Copilot and Inferior functions share the same attitude.
- Dominant/Tertiary loop serves a specific function – defensiveness and maintaining cognitive dissonance.
- People stay where they are comfortable and dominant/tertiary loops are comfortable because they share our preferred attitude.
- We aren’t sure if there is a loop between copilot and inferior because it isn’t comfortable like the dom/tertiary.
- If it is a thing, it may explain why some people avoid using their copilot.
- The inferior function is our blind spot. We aren’t comfortable there.
- If our copilot puts us in the inferior space, it is an interesting idea to explore.
- We make up for the deficiencies in our inferior process by mastering our dominant and auxiliary processes.
- Like INFPs who use their copilot to find creative solutions for systematizing their lives.
- ENTJs who use Ni to offset their Fi blindspot.
- ESFPs can use Extraverted Sensing to make up for their Ni blind spot by reading people’s body language.
- We may need to build sophistication around our auxiliary function to help us overcome the blind spots in the inferior.
- It isn’t a loop; it’s a frustration.
- It’s not codependency; it’s a puzzle that still needs to be solved.
- Certain types may feel like they are looping with their aux/inf.
- The inferior may feel stuck.
- If an INFJ has really good Fe, they recognize the difference between needs and wants.
- If you feel like you are in an auxiliary/inferior loop, is it because you’ve ignored your inferior for too long?
- The Personality Hacker Owners Manuals have some handy hacks for giving the inferior process attention.
- Si inferiors can revisit old shows, music, video games, or amusement park rides.
- Our trauma can live in the least sophisticated part of ourselves.
- When we are stuck in our inferior, the auxiliary can be the tool we use to cut out whatever has us trapped.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…