Podcast – Episode 0198 – Your Personality 3-Year-Old Inferior Cognitive Function (Part 1)
Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode, Joel and Antonia talk about the 3-Year-Old inferior cognitive function for each of the 16 personality types (part 1).
In this podcast you’ll find:
- ENPs value their freedom.
- They like to explore and pivot to new things.
- Sometimes freedom can be excessive and limiting.
- Car Model
- Inferior Cognitive Function – 3 yr old
- For ENPs, Introverted Sensing is their inferior function
- Linda Berens calls the 3 yr old our “Aspiration.”
- To gain traction in our lives, sometimes we have to honor that 3 yr old process.
- There is a lot of resistance we feel when we are trying to access the 3 yr old.
- It should be about creating balance. Never sacrifice your driver in preference for your 3 yr old.
- When it comes to our tertiary and inferior cognitive functions, it shouldn’t be about developing as much as visiting. 5-10%
- We can never develop our back seat functions as well as someone who has them as a strength.
- Back seat passengers will always be blunt weapons we have rudimentary use of.
- Our inferior function still has some control over us. Shine some light on it.
- Our 3 yr old is one of the most vulnerable parts of who we are.
- There is wisdom in creating a life that keeps us in our Driver and Copilot.
- Spending too much time in the inferior can create depression.
- The 3 yr old should occupy about 5-10% of your life
- ENTJ – ESTJ
- Driver is Extraverted Thinking
- Inferior is Introverted Feeling
- Usually, ETJs avoid checking in with their emotions because it slows them down too much.
- One way ETJs can get in touch with their inferior function is by contributing to something, like a cause or charity.
- More sophistication around EQ
- Introverted Feeling goes into flow when it is listening.
- Extraverted Thinking goes into flow when it is making quick decisions. It doesn’t involve a lot of listening.
- ETJs 5-10% can be just listening to people.
- ENFJ – ESFJ
- Driver is Extraverted Feeling
- Inferior is Introverted Thinking
- Heavy amounts of info can be overwhelming to EFJs.
- Their aspiration is teaching and sharing truths with a wider audience.
- Lots of teachers are EFJs.
- When an EFJ is avoiding their inferior, it is evident because they avoid telling people the unpleasant info they may need to hear.
- This creates two-dimensional relationships
- EFJs 5-10% can be willing to share info with people that gets deeper than surface level communication.
- EFJs don’t have to fear technical jobs.
- Many are in caretaking fields where some technical know-how is crucial.
- ISTP – INTP
- Driver is Introverted Thinking
- Inferior is Extraverted Feeling
- It is hard for ITPs to connect with other people.
- ITPs can use their inferior function to build connections with other people by recognizing their need to be well received in society.
- 5-10% could be connecting with other people and showing interest.
- Break some social rules but stay cheerful about it.
- Major aspiration is recognizing your impact on others and their impact on you.
- ITPs impact comes when they learn to sell themselves to others.
- INFP – ISFP
- Driver is Introverted Feeling
- Inferior is Extraverted Thinking
- IFPs may feel very strongly about how things need to change in the world, but they lack the skill/know-how to make the necessary change.
- Extraverted Thinking would give them the tools they need to make the significant changes.
- IFPs resist this process by pushing away power, influence, and significance.
- IFPs feel a nobility in being a rogue or idealist.
- 5-10% is to figure out how projects happen. Become part of a team to learn how to manage resources and get end goals achieved.
- Not just a matter of working tirelessly, but working smart.
- Commit to things you need to do whether you feel like it or not.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…