Podcast – Episode 0291 – Important Childhood Lessons For IxxPs and ExxJs
Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode, Joel and Antonia use the “FIRM Model” to talk about the important childhood lessons for IxxPs and ExxJs.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- Check out part 1 in this series to discover the important childhood lessons for ExxPs and IxxJs, and learn the concepts we build upon in this episode.
- How these episodes relate to the FIRM model – learn about this model created by Joel and Antonia here.
- What do the letters in the FIRM model stand for?
- How can your type’s FIRM fixation result in creating strategies that prevent you from learning life’s lessons?
- IxxPs – the lessons they can learn to navigate through their “Rightness” fixation:
- What do we mean by the term “Rightness”?
- What does it mean to lead with an introverted judging function as your Driver process?
- How IxxPs avoid “exposure”.
- The powerful tool of self-discipline and motivation for IxxPs.
- Learning to adopt rituals in your daily life as an IxxP.
- Why do IxxP types struggle to get going in the first place?
- How getting into a rhythm can prevent IxxPs from undermining the systems around them.
- Why integrating changes at the identity level is the key to success as an IxxP.
- The importance of having a channel to the outside world as an IxxP.
- The role of articulation and expression.
- IxxPs as children – what are the two main ways they tend to show up?
- How can you help an IxxP child overcome their fear of judgment?
- How can you integrate these lessons as an IxxP adult?
- What are the main things you need to be aware of if you’re a parent who’s an IxxP type?
- ExxJs – the lessons they can learn to navigate through their “Management” fixation:
- What do we mean by “management?”?
- What does it mean to lead with an extraverted judging function as your Driver process?
- Why having an introverted judging function as your 3-Yr-Old can result in a lack of internal calibration.
- How you can slow down as an ExxJ type – and the results you’ll see when this starts to happen.
- Getting in touch with your “why” as an ExxJ.
- The ExxJs ability to create neural superhighways.
- Examining the dark side of the delayed consequences ExxJs face – and how this differs from the IxxPs’ experience.
- The importance of setting the right metrics as an ExxJ.
- Overcoming image management.
- How both ExxJ and IxxP types can paint themselves into a corner based on the identity they project to the world.
- How you can help ExxJ or IxxP children overcome this tendency.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…