Podcast – Episode 0299 – Is Image Management Wrong?
Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode, Joel and Antonia talk about how we project and cast images in three primary ways: externally, internally, and philosophically.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- What do we mean when we talk about image management? Joel shares an example of the image-management he has a tendency to display as a parent when out in public.
- Judging a book by its cover – Antonia unpacks this metaphor and it’s value in relation to image management.
- Viewing image management through the lens of the extraverted judging functions; Harmony (Fe) and Effectiveness (Te).
- Why the ideal of not caring what others think isn’t necessarily a helpful or realistic option.
- What’s the difference between internal and external image management?
- Philosophical image management – Joel introduces this concept and provides a real-life example.
- Where our beliefs and paradigms fit into image management.
- The complexities of achieving the right balance between individualism and collectivism – and why this is context dependent.
- A birds-eye view of our relationship with image management as we grow from infancy to adulthood.
- Mastering your relationship with image management when you are undertaking personal-growth work.
- Why social media brings heightened expectations and increased pressure to manage your external presentation.
- Some final thoughts on philosophical image management and the need to question its importance and role in your life.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…