Podcast – Episode 0335 – Does Your Personality Type Change Over Time (with Dr. Dario Nardi)
Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode, Joel and Antonia talk with “Neuroscience of Personality” author Dr. Dario Nardi about personality types changing over time.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- Guest host Dr Dario Nardi joins.
- What do we mean when we ask “do personality types change?”
- Defining “personality” and “personality type”
- Classic definitions and the trait model – looks at the surface
- Psychological type is systemic
- The tree metaphor – change versus development.
- Criticisms of type due to the fixed identity mindset.
- Why the superpower of type is that it’s developmental.
- Some thoughts on mindsets and how healthy and unhealthy people of the same type seem different.
- The importance of a good foundation and systemic approach
- How change of personality is really greater self-awareness.
- The etymology of type.
- Dario talks about some type developmental studies that have taken place over the years:
- What’s not inborn and how does that make a difference in type?
- Looking at type as a map and not a label.
- Why do some people think type is unscientific?
- The goal of type is to use it as a developmental model.
- The concept of “The Magic Diamond” – Dario explains.
- What is “the empty space” and how do we fill it?
- The role of cognitive function embodiment exercises at the Profiler Training live events.
- Dario uses an INTJ example to explain the role of the environment in making them show up differently, e.g. their career.
- The baseball metaphor – how differentiation is needed before integration.
- Why does growth stop earlier for some people?
- The importance of integrating functions and how this blending leads to the “transcendent function”.
- The reason we need sequence and strategy when approaching growth.
- “Your temperament is your strategy for change”.
- Some thoughts about using type to let yourself off the hook.
- Dario’s new book – The Magic Diamond: Jung’s 8 paths for self coaching is now available
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…