Podcast – Episode 0384 – Theory vs Reality of Personality Type Dynamics
Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode, Joel and Antonia chat with Personality Hacker’s Advanced Profiling Coach Melissa Harris about the theory vs reality of personality type dynamics.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- Guest host Melissa Harris, our Advanced Profiling coach joins.
- There can be a difference between what type theory teaches us about our relationship with the functions in our stack (based on their position in our car), versus how this plays out in real life.
- Training and reality don’t always match – an illustration
- Check out our article on The Car Model to find out how the function stack works
- A deep dive into the 4 positions in the car – what does the theory say and what is our real relationship with each function?
- The Driver (Dominant) function:
- Why it’s not the loudest or most obvious function a person is using
- Understanding the subtle confident energy of the Driver function
- How fluency and transferable skills relate to the Driver
- The Copilot (Auxiliary) function:
- Why the Copilot isn’t necessarily just behind the Driver in terms of skill development
- Our push-pull relationship with the Copilot and our need for permission to use it
- The Copilot as an access point for growth
- The 10 Year Old (Tertiary) function:
- Why does our 10 Year Old try to “prove its value”?
- Our love-hate relationship with the various areas of our 10 Year Old function
- How do you spot the limitations of the 10 Year Old function, especially when there’s evidence of high skill development present?
- The 3 Year Old (Inferior) function:
- What are some of the stereotypes about how people view and use their 3 Year Old function – and are they accurate?
- How spikes of aspiration and skill development can show up here
- Our relationship to the philosophy of our inferior function
- Using the relationship between our Driver and 3 Year Old function to overcome “one-sidedness”
- How do people view their lower functions within themselves – and how can this alter their perception of its position in their stack?
- How our functions develop through the seasons of our lives.
- Looking at how the functions are woven into people’s stories during profiling sessions.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…