Podcast – Episode 0392 – Making Peace With Your Parents (Part 3)
Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode, Joel and Antonia continue a podcast series started several years ago – talking about how to deal with your relationship with your parents.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- Joel explains why he and Antonia are going to visit her father who has been given just a few months to live – this trip could be her last chance to see him.
- Listen to part 1 and part 2 in this series to hear more about Antonia’s story.
- How is Antonia feeling right now?
- Antonia shares some of her history with her family.
- What’s Antonia’s approach to handling the situation as they embark on this trip?
- Why does Antonia feel it’s important to share her experience through the podcast?
- Examining the importance and prevalence of the biological ties we have to our family.
- What happens when you have ideological conflicts with those you love?
- “Disconnection burns time” – looking at the potential cost of being righteous about the differing opinions you have from the people in your life.
- Why people use social media as a way to project their own struggles as ideologies onto the outside world.
- How our loyalty to future abstractions can rob us of our present relationships.
- How is the personal growth work Antonia has done impacting her response to this situation?
- Why it can seem like we’re taking steps back in personal growth when we encounter people from our past or an earlier point in our growth journey.
- How is Joel feeling about the current situation?
- How can you show love to the people in your life who have different paradigms and worldviews?
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…