Podcast – Episode 0404 – Getting To Zero (with Jayson Gaddis)
Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode, Joel and Antonia talk with relationship expert Jayson Gaddis about how to work through conflict in your high stakes relationships.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- Guest host Jayson Gaddis joins.
- Check out the previous episode we recorded with Jayson on The Three Styles Of Relationships.
- Getting to zero – what does it mean? Jayson unpacks the meaning and message behind his latest book title.
- Why conflict is painful for us as social creatures.
- What makes someone not want to get to zero, and what are the implications of this in their relationships?
- What are the consequences of unresolved conflicts for “high-stakes relationships”?
- Jayson defines what “conflict” means within the context of his work.
- Why silence and avoidance is also a form of conflict.
- What it means to have inner conflict, and how this fits into our relationships.
- Jayson explains the powerful role of the “relational leader”.
- What happens to the relationship if one partner isn’t focused on growth-oriented solutions to address conflict?
- How gender roles and heteronormative trends apply to the root of conflict within relationships.
- The four disconnectors people display when feeling triggered by conflict.
- Jayson, Joel and Antonia each share their personal disconnectors.
- Relational blueprints – Jayson outlines the four needs we have in order to develop a healthy blueprint for relationships.
- Some fundamental questions to ask yourself when part of a pair-bond relationship.
- Reframing your approach to discussing your relationship.
- What are some things you can do when you find yourself in conflict with a partner?
- If Jayson could share just one piece of advice about relationships what would it be?
- Discover more about Jayson’s work or grab a copy of his book at http://relationshipschool.com
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…