Podcast – Episode 0412 – Personality Ethics – Brain Imaging – And The Future Of Type (with Dr. Dario Nardi)
Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode, recorded live in front of a studio audience, Joel and Antonia are joined by Dr. Dario Nardi and a few Profiler Training students for a conversation about personality type ethics, Dr. Nardi’s brain imaging work, and the future of personality type systems and type assessments.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- Joel introduces the ‘fireside chat’ he and Antonia hosted between Dr. Dario Nardi and some of our Profiler Training students at our recent live event.
- Our student’s questions:
- At the moment it feels like scientists doing brain scanning research are screaming their findings to the masses, but no-one’s listening – is this a weakness or growth opportunity within the field?
- What are Dario’s thoughts and how did he conduct his research?
- How can an ISTP prioritize their personal-growth work when there seems to be so many avenues to explore?
- How does Dario see brain imaging research being used in the future? Will this be used to determine someone’s best-fit type?
- Dario’s thoughts on the limitations of testing instruments and typology systems.
- How can younger generations carry forward type into the future?
- What Dario believes typology systems need in order to survive.
- How do we encourage others to become “stewards” of type and foster a sense of respect for the system?
- Why ethics should matter for leaders and practitioners within the type community.
- How do you prevent type from being misused – and allow space for those who are “off-kilter”?
- Dario and Antonia share some history in ways type has been used, and some distinctions that need to be made.
- How will human bias affect the validity of type data as both the system and number of profilers grow?
- Dario shares his approach to guiding yourself or someone else towards a best-fit type.
- Antonia shares her thoughts on the role profilers should play.
- Joel shares his thoughts on how humans affect data and systems.
- Has Dario conducted brain-scanning research on how trauma and drugs affect the brain?
- Dario shares some of his experiences and observations.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
Subscribe with iTunes
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…