Diving Deeper Into Thinker vs Feeler | Podcast 0441
Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this podcast Joel and Antonia chat about the deeper differences between feeling and thinking.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- What can’t be deduced from knowing a person’s Thinking or Feeling preferences?
- How do Antonia and Joel experience having different Thinking and Feeling preferences?
- What’ is at the center of the these preferences?
- The definition of Feeling and Thinking.
- What’s the top priority?
- How do Thinkers and Feelers evaluate information?
- What consequences does this have on how they interact with the world?
- How do Feeler and Thinking preferences show up in different industries?
- What dynamics can occur when the two preferences merge?
- Which dichotomy can have the highest tension between its two preferences?
- How can you avoid being one-sided?
- Why is it more important than ever for Thinkers and Feelers to work together?
- How can globalization and technology help us understand Thinking and Feeling preferences?
- Where does conflict often live within us?
- Why are both Thinking and Feeling important?
- How do a Feelers and Thinkers experience being in an environment made for the opposite preference?
- How are Thinking and Feeling both powerful tools?
- What happens if this power is abused?
- Why is integrating the two preferences so important?
- The two styles of Thinking and Feeling.
- To learn more about the four Judging functions check out these episodes:
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
Subscribe with iTunes
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…
Showing 6 comments
Thank – you for your efforts on this podcast and on so many other e-mails and posts that have helped me gain a better understanding of personality from the MBTI point of view. Full confession here, I test as INTJ and my partner in life is ISFJ. I also confess I am on a staycation and have consumed a fair bit of wine (Se under stress – possibly, or just enjoying myself?). I listened to the 1st 20 minutes a few days ago and the insights based on your relationship and what each of you is “responsible for” so to speak made a lot of sense and stayed with me. I relate to Antonia a lot more and the idea of systems in people’s lives resonated strongly. I have a lot of empathy for Joel and his strength or role that I remember characterized as … if others are not happy , it is the feelers job, right ? I have tried to be happy in my life (61 years around the sun soon) and have made a study of Psychology of Happiness among many other hobbies I guess. Apparently I am a multipotentiate among other things we now know exist with the internet defining and connecting us in so many ways based on the valuable work of T’s and F’s. Having said that I must mention that Joel’s characterization of the 2 energies really highlights significant differences in feelers vs thinkers if I may say that Antonia was possibly alluding to. There seem to be so many more energies of significance in our world that as a thinker I have tried to analyze and make sense of. My most recent conclusions are based on the human characteristic of being tribal or basically following and the motivation to maintain or acquire Power. Another realization is how the world seems to have it’s own destiny or karma perhaps. While I do my best to learn how to do good with my relatively limited lifespan I am open to the possibility it is beyond humanity to correct the errors of our ways through thoughts or feeling for each other, primarily because of the motivation for other humans , countries, societies, tribes or cultures to gain or keep power at any cost really. The checks and balances in the Universe for this appear to be limited but am realizing I may be wrong about that and perhaps the world is unfolding as it should. Covid has slowed things down at a time when it seems that was necessary. Perhaps Dinosaurs really had to go for the world to unfold as it should. What is next ? Who knows but I am fascinated by what the future will bring and will do my best not to overthink these matters. As for feelings, I do my best…full confession…they are still a bit of a mystery to me…Peace.
I would love to hear an episode that compares Fi and Ti. I’m an INFP and I think my mom is an ISTP. She prioritizes Ti – accuracy, being right, and doesn’t understand my need for Fi – authenticity. As a Fi user, I don’t understand Ti. I feel everyone is different and reality is subjective so there’s no such thing as accuracy. I prefer efficiency over accuracy when it comes to thinking and that’s probably because I have a preference for Te. Ti makes no sense to me at all and I’m having a hard time understanding my mom.
I think we have quite a few episodes talking about both, but if you’d like to understand Ti I’d recommend this one: https://www.personalityhacker.com/podcast-episode-0270-why-the-world-needs-introverted-thinking-revisited/
I think a point that is worth making is that thinkers take much more literally.
I think that most 2 way conflict comes from introvert functions. Example if an FE user for instance is helping someone an other type might not agree it might seem like a waste of time if you tried to explain to an FE NI user they might come round and agree but an SI FE user if say they helped somebody they might see what you are saying but they have to do it anyway if its what they have been brought up like SI TE i would say they would be the same. In my opinion the introverted sensing would be creating the conflict and the extraverted feeling would understand. I would say all introversion is conflict because that is how you create your opinion.
This was really useful thanks. Finally I am settled in the thought that I am a Thinker. I’ve been undecided about this for years!