Podcast – Episode 0003 – Personal Intelligence
Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this podcast, Antonia & Joel talk about Personal Intelligence.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- This podcast episode will talk about personal intelligence.
- Kinesthetic intelligence – natural dexterity.
- Analytic intelligence – Our culture’s ultimate definition of intelligence.
- Emotional intelligence (EQ) – A book written by Daniel Goldman. People with Emotional Intelligence understand and control their emotions and have them work for you.
- There are different types of intelligence and we have a tendency to have a preference from one of the other.
- Personal intelligence – the power of personality and how it shapes our lives by John D. Mayer.
- As per John D. Mayer, “Personal Intelligence is the capacity to identify and reason about information about personality. We use this ability to recognize information about people from their appearance, possessions and behaviors and use that to label our impressions of a person and to match that impression to our knowledge of similar people. From such clues, we deduce how to behave with the person and how that person will treat us in return and we look for clues about our own selves to better understand our needs and map out our previous plans”.
- Pattern recognizing – gives us the ability to see similarities between people’s behavior and attitudes.
- Personal typing VS Stereotyping. Personal typing is well researched with different structured systems.
- Introspective – ability to enter your mind and understand who you are as a human being
- Intraspective – ability to understand other people’s dynamics (social intelligence)
- Most personal psychology tools are very useful on their base fundamentals but most of them can expounded indefinitely.
- A simple hobby or curiosity will help increase personal intelligence.
Things we reference in this podcast:
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…