Podcast – Episode 0004 – Finding Flow
Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this podcast you’ll find:
- What makes an experience genuinely fulfilling is a state of consciousness called ‘flow’.
- Written by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, he uses 4 or 5 different criteria in which doing the activity gives you energy as opposed to taking energy away. In flow, the activity feels like we’re powered with a self-energizing battery.
- In order to discover what your flow is, ask yourself what is it that you love to do so much the only reason you stop is when you’re exhausted?
- Some people know how to access their flow instantly.
- There are different things that can put people in flow. Flow feels very kinesthetic.
- Each personality type has a predictable flow state.
- Knowing your flow state means knowing which mental process your brain favors above others.
- ENPs are difficult to get into flow. The exploration process has you seeing relationships that other people don’t.
- Some people only experience flow when they know they don’t have distractions.
- Knowing when and how you get into flow can explain a lot about your behavior and patterns.
Exercise we recommend in this podcast:
- Sit down and make a list of 3-5 things where you are in a flow state. This can figure out some of your best ideas. How do you get into those activities? How do you get there? What is something I love doing so much, the only reason I stop is when I’m exhausted? Look for the patterns and think how you can deliberately incorporate that into your life.
Things we reference in this podcast:
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…