Podcast – Episode 0063 – HAT Model | Healing Achievement Transcendence
Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode Joel and Antonia talk about The HAT Model as a framework to do personal growth around either healing, achievement or transcendence.
In this podcast on Healing, Achievement & Transcendence you’ll find:
- A lot of things are suddenly popping up in life and it’s a impeding our personal growth.
- We put in a lot of energy on these events and we feel that we can’t just move on the next level.
- The HAT model stands for Healing, Achievement and Transcendence.
- Useful in identifying the best coaching type, it allows people to uncover their overarching need that’s unmet in the moment in order to get them to the next model.
- Healing – Anytime you have trauma, this is something you need to attend to.
- Achievement – You’re at a baseline of health and you’re trying to get to the next level.
- Transcendence Work – is anything that has to do spiritual or ego work.
- Healing from a trauma doesn’t have to be an awful experience that left you damaged. Healing can be a minor traumas we’ve picked from experiences in life and you just need to re-assess your value as a person.
- The three components of the HAT model may seem confusing to contrast at first because they look alike. One can get them jumbled and having this model helps frame things.
- It appears that there are more people who are comfortable in the healing component and finding the piece of trauma is interesting to them. No matter what area that they should be focusing on, it’s almost always going to happen on the lens of healing.
- People can also get stuck when they skip the achievement piece and just rely on the transcendence piece.
- We will have so many mysterious things happen to us for from within. Oftentimes, we just really don’t feel for a long time and we’re not sure what’s going on.
- Thinkers have the tendency to ignore their emotional challenges that they focus more on the physical, tangible stuff (e.g. pain).
- When we avoid development, it leads to mysterious depressions, illness and that feeling of “can’t seem to get to the next level” because we don’t know how to fully manage the drive that’s inside us.
- The first step is awareness or understanding what’s happening. Be proactive to identify what you need to address.
- Identify the issue when its presence is unknown.
- You need to run towards pain, embrace it, and realize that it’s just perception.
- With healing, we can talk about our existing issues.
- With transcendence, it’s all about yoga. The uncomfortable side is questioning your beliefs and finding out who you are for the first time in your life.
- One of the reasons why we get stuck is because we stay in our comfort zones.
- You can easily identify people who have focused on the three components efficiently.
- The least comfortable portion is where you need focus on and go.
- Which track is more comfortable to you and which one is tough?
Things we reference in this podcast:
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…