Podcast – Episode 0090 – ENFJ Personality Type Advice
Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode Joel and Antonia dive deep into the needs and desires of the ENFJ personality type.
In this podcast on the ENFJ personality type you’ll find:
- 50% of women use Extraverted Feeling – “Harmony.” No other cognitive function has that high a demographic breakdown.
- In our survey, ENFJs complained a lot about monkey mind. A tendency for one’s attention to be pulled in multiple directions.
- Harmony is aware of how people emotionally impact each other dynamically.
- Things that are culturally important, unspoken social contracts, ENFJs are masters at these.
- The driver process is Extraverted Feeling which we have nicknamed “Harmony.”
- Harmony is a decision-making, judging process. It informs how ENFJs make their decisions.
- It is extremely clear to ENFJs how people should be behaving around each other.
- They get called judgmental.
- They get confused when someone doesn’t see and obey the social rules.
- They bend over backwards to meet people’s needs. We should be responsible with each others feelings. They are baffled by people who don’t get it.
- Harmony is tied into the culture the person is raised in.
- If ENFJs get messaging that they aren’t allowed to stop working for others they might not slow down enough to ask if serving others is their highest priority.
- They are good at anticipating other’s needs so people just let them handle everything.
- The co-pilot is an introverted learning process called Introverted Intuition, which we have nicknamed “Perspectives.”
- ENFJs couple Harmony with Perspectives so they can predict people’s needs really well. “I already took care of it for you.” Getting needs met on a precognitive level. Thankless. Doing things without other people’s awareness.
- ENFJs may not get the appreciation they need and crave. They may feel like they are just serving all the time, which can get tiring. They fuel themselves on feedback.
- The only feedback they may get is when they fail to do something. Negative feedback.
- ENFJs often believe they need to be perfect. They can’t stop to take a break. Perfectionists. They want the feedback telling them they are doing the right thing and when the feedback doesn’t come they double down on service.
- When ENFJs do emote strongly in hopes of getting their needs met it gets met with rejection and dismissal.
- ENFJs 10-year-old process is Extraverted Sensing, which we have nicknamed “Sensation.”
- Perspectives is about watching the mind form patterns. Sensation is the opposite. It’s about being in the outer world and picking up sensory data – real-time, kinetic, adrenaline oriented data.
- For ENFJs this favors indulgence over sophistication. No ability to tell themselves to stop. Whatever is the fastest hit on senses.
- Can also be somebody who cannot stop and take a breather. Over indulgence in partying or self medicating.
- Perspectives is slow. Users of it must slow down to master it.
- Perspectives helps ENFJs go deep and look at their ideological stance. It also encourages them to go for quality over quantity.
- ENFJs are good at getting quick hits. They can walk into a room and get the culture of the room really fast.
- In the survey, many ENFJS said, “People don’t realize how deep I am.” “They treat me as if I don’t have anything intelligent to say.”
- Dive deeper with people. Because ENFJs do not lead with Intuition, they blend a lot more. They show up how others want them to show up. When they decide to start embracing their intuition it becomes uncomfortable.
- No one can survive just on their driver process.
- Perspectives shuts out the noise of the outside world.
- Exercise serenity. Yoga. Meditation. Don’t let others disrupt your calm. Read. Walk.
- Physical routine or activity to help you enter meditative state. Hypnotize that Sensation process so it doesn’t get into monkey mind.
- ENFJs don’t honor themselves as much as they do others. Giving themselves sacred space gives them permission to honor themselves.
- The 3-year-old process is Introverted Thinking, which we have nicknamed “Accuracy”.
- Harmony is about social truth. Accuracy is about nonsocial truth. Accuracy doesn’t want the human component corrupting the truth.
- Accuracy in the 3 yr old becomes very self critical. Litany of: “I can’t do anything right,” “I’m the worst person in the world.”
- Allow your 3 yr old to do something totally unsocial – video games, Sudoku.
- Don’t believe the self criticism.
- ENFJ icon is Oprah Winfrey. Sees herself as a teacher. This is a good way Accuracy shows up.
- Someone who can shine a light on the potential of other people.
- Accuracy doesn’t just have to be negative. It can be an aspiration.
- Developing Perspectives is how ENFJs find their power, build morale, and teach others to make healthy choices.
- Slow down and get into Co-pilot. When ENFJs show up healthy with an understanding of their power and worth they are super heroes.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…