Podcast – Episode 0272 – Why The World Needs Introverted Sensing
Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode, Joel and Antonia talk about why the world needs Introverted Sensing (nicknamed “Memory”).
In this podcast you’ll find:
- Joel’s concern about the sound quality of the podcasts may be his Introverted Sensing (Si) wanting to make sure things are captured well for posterity
- Joel’s grandfather collected important pieces of his and his family’s past and preserved them beautifully.
- Once he died though, all the treasures were divided up and sold.
- We can’t guarantee that future generations will value the things we value.
- Antonia worries that she doesn’t have the required documentation to prove she is an expert in the field she teaches. This may also be how her Si shows up
- Joel likes tracking information so he can see the timeline of his growth and development.
- Si sees paperwork as binding and authoritative
- Systems breaking down can be upsetting to Si.
- It’s interesting to come face to face with your inferior function and recognize all the ways we are influenced by it and repelled by it.
- Si inferior can come up as an encouragement to pause and consider safety.
- Is it okay to do this?
- “If you’re disciplined and diligent, it should be okay.”
- “Be responsible.”
- Those thoughts are more familiar with Si higher in the stack.
- Si brings beautiful things.
- The world desperately needs good quality Introverted Sensing.
- Pacing is essential for Si users.
- Si is an amazing steward of the past.
- We have an unhealthy addiction to novelty today.
- Young people are untethered from history.
- “Every recall is a reframe.”
- There is no such thing as an unbiased account of history, but that doesn’t mean we throw the baby out with the bathwater.
- Burning of Alexandria – how much further along would we be if that library hadn’t been burned?
- It is hard to understate the importance of time binding and passing info on to future generations.
- We think we don’t need to bind info anymore because the internet stores it for us.
- But there is a difference between passing info and accessing info.
- Passing info brings reverence with it.
- Most of what we have given to us we don’t know what to do with because we don’t have the proper context.
- Si is how we don’t repeat our past failures.
- If we didn’t have memories, we wouldn’t be human.
- Some people think that If we buy into the history, we have to buy into the narrative.
- “Those who forget the past are destined to repeat it.”
- It feels like Si is under attack in our world now.
- It’s not going to go well for us if we choose to ignore the lessons we have learned, like vaccination.
- Rites of passage are necessary to teach future generations the lessons learned by previous generations.
- Si is trying to acclimate to a culture that is requiring more extraverted intuition than ever before.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…