Podcast – Episode 0282 – Why The World Needs Extraverted Thinking
Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode, Joel and Antonia become advocates for the cognitive function of Extraverted Thinking (“Effectiveness”) and talk about why we need it in our world.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- Extraverted Thinking “Effectiveness”
- Driver for ENTJs and ESTJs
- Copilot for INTJs and ISTJs
- The welfare system is an excellent example of a system built by Extraverted Thinking.
- When Effectiveness is done well, you don’t recognize it until it quits working.
- We lean into these systems, and they facilitate our experience.
- Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom is a two-story structure.
- The first level is utilidors – an underground tunnel system where all the staff can access the park with ease.
- The systems Extraverted Thinking creates can help people survive (welfare system), and it can be used to create a magical experience for people (Disney)
- You don’t have to worry about anything in Disney
- Designing Disney’s Theme Parks: The Architecture of Reassurance
- When done well, Effectiveness reassures you that you are safe in the system.
- When you get on a plane, you feel reassured you are going to land safely.
- Engineering is applied thinking in the external world and is usually the foray of TJs.
- If you want to see how efficient and reliable Extraverted Thinking is, go to a country where it isn’t the rule. Everything is incredibly inconvenient, and you have to fight for everything.
- “Any sufficiently developed technology is indistinguishable from magic.”
- It is an easy sell to discuss why the world needs Extraverted Thinking on a systemic level.
- On the individual level, it’s a little harder to sell.
- People’s biggest complaint about Effectiveness is that it plows over the individual and appears manipulative.
- “The only right anyone has in a relationship is the right to leave. Otherwise, everything is negotiable.” –INTJ
- Effectiveness plays in the realm of power more than any other function
- To Extraverted Thinking, info is actionable and useable.
- Info is power to TJs.
- Power has a negative connotation in our world now.
- People usually demonize power when they don’t understand it or can’t get it.
- Power is organizing energy for an outcome.
- We need people who understand the game of power.
- Power is a thankless job, which is why it tends to come with a lot of perks.
- People are always upset with anyone in power.
- Effectiveness is reassuring to people. It builds the things we take for granted.
- Developing an appreciation for Extraverted Thinking requires a simultaneous appreciation of leadership and power.
- Acceptable spillage vs cost
- Harmony asks, What is acceptable discord?
- Effectiveness asks, What is an acceptable loss?
- There are a disproportionately high number of TJs in positions of gov’t and C-level execs.
- This world needs Extraverted Thinking.
- If you’re getting the message that the world doesn’t like power and leadership, don’t listen to it.
- Can we do power and leadership better?
- Who we are is valuable but also what we are: What have we built in our lives? What work have we done?
- Profiler Training card deck
- Effectiveness = amelioration: to be continually improving. Always getting better. Removing inefficiencies.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…