Personality Types And Stages Of Life (young adulthood… midlife… elderhood) | Podcast 0469
Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode of the Personality Hacker podcast, Joel and Antonia discuss the life stages personality types go through and how people develop differently based on their age.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- Antonia and Joel describe their experience of having reached midlife.
- What are some of the challenges and advantages of aging?
- How have our views on the elderly and aging changed?
- How can the levels of development influence personality types?
- What are the 5 stages of development according to Erikson’s model?
- What 4 aspects play a central role in a young child’s development?
- How does context and family interactions influence type?
- Which big questions are often asked during adolescence?
- How influential is gender on a person’s development?
- What are some of the important considerations that people make during adulthood?
- Does career choice influence how types show up?
- How have changes in societal norms influenced humans’ development?
- How can having or not having children influence development?
- Why personal growth is important
- Learn more in our podcast episode The Limits Of Personality Type Theory Without Personal Growth
- Comparison of Erik Erikson’s model to Timothy Leary’s 8-Circuit Model of Consciousness
- Check out more about Timothy Leary’s model in our podcast episode: Human Sexuality and Society
- What happens when you’ve “made it over the hill”?
- How does Erikson’s model shed light on midlife?
- What opportunities can you leverage?
- How can Jung’s concept of the ‘shadow’ open up a whole new cognitive capacity?
- Find out more about Jung’s concept of the ‘shadow’ and ‘ego’ in our podcast: Using Archetypes For Personal Growth
- Why can this phase of life be considered a second birth?
- What is the fork in the road that we face during midlife?
- Can we regress in our self-awareness?
- How can you tell whether you’ve done shadow work or not?
- How can idealism be leveraged?
- What is meant by one-sidedness and individuation?
- What are some central aspects of late adulthood?
- What plays a key role in your type capacity?
- How does one-sidedness show up?
- What is some advice for each stage of development?
- What is one thing that personal growth can’t help you access?
- How does type get woven into all of this?
- What things influence how we as individuals show up as an unique expression of our type?
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…